Please confirm your submission meets the following requirements:
- The awards competition is open to projects that have been substantially designed and/or implemented in Saskatchewan between 2019 and 2021.
- The applicant(s) must be a Saskatchewan resident(s) in good standing with a DCS member association(s) (see below for a list of member associations). Submissions with a lead designer that is not active in a DCS member association will not be eligible.
- The scope of work identified in the award submission must have been completed by a Saskatchewan designer(s) in good standing with a Design Council of Saskatchewan (DCS) member association(s). Entries must accurately portray the scope of work completed by Saskatchewan designer(s).
- Projects undertaken outside of Saskatchewan by eligible Saskatchewan designer(s) may also be considered.
- The integrated design category must demonstrate significant collaborative involvement and design excellence by two or more DCS member associations throughout the project. The same scope of work cannot be entered into any other category.
- Each applicant may submit more than one entry. However, a submitted project will not be eligible for any future Saskatchewan Design Week cycles.
- Projects submitted for awards in past Saskatchewan Design Weeks are not eligible for entry.
Design Council of Saskatchewan (DCS) Member Associations
- Saskatchewan Association of Architects (SAA)
- Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC), Saskatchewan
- Interior Designers Association of Saskatchewan (IDAS)
- Saskatchewan Association of Landscape Architects (SALA)
- Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute (SPPI)
Posters for public display and judging must abide by the following:
- Each submission must include (as part of boards) a design statement of 250 words or less, outlining the design objective and any other pertinent information which supports the Design Council of Saskatchewan’s mandate.
- Entries should consist of professional quality photos, illustrations, plans or printed samples. Plans are recommended for all submissions of built work.
- There shall be no corporate logos, text or other graphics identifying the company or designer(s) on the boards.
Submissions must be formatted as:
- Unlocked PDF format.
- A 300 dpi (100MB max file size) version for printing and public display purposes.
- A lower-resolution, web quality PDF file of the above poster (20MB max file size) for online viewing and judging purposes.
- 30” (762mm) wide x 23” (584mm) sheets (landscape only).
- No bleeds or crop marks.
- Include a 30” x 23” black 1px cutline. Do not include any bleeds or crop marks on your poster.
- Contain a 2” (50mm) wide white title block blank space for entrant information and corporate logos to be inserted by DCS later. The title block must be located on the bottom or right side of the first board. Reminder: do not include corporate.
- Maximum of two (2) sheets per entry for Architecture, Engineering & Geoscience, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Planning and Integrated Design. Graphic design entries must be one (1) sheet per entry.
- Entry Fees: $150 per entry for Architecture, Engineering & Geoscience, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Planning and Integrated Design. $75 per entry for Graphic Design.
The following must also be submitted:
- Letter of consent from the client(s) granting the entrants the right to submit the project for consideration by the awards jury and for publications.
- Design statement of 250 words or less in Microsoft word doc or PDF file format.
- Separate high-quality digital image files (300 dpi JPEG file format) including all images from your poster for judging and publicity purposes. One of the submitted images must be labelled as your “hero” image which may be featured during the awards gala and for publicity purposes.
- Corporate logos for all entrants on your submission (JPEG file format).
- Site plan or location map for your project (PDF File Format, Max File Size 10mb).
Entry deadline: 11:59 pm CST, Monday, September 13, 2021