The awards competition is open to project work that has been substantially designed and/or implemented in Saskatchewan between 2017 and 2019.
- The applicant(s) must be a Saskatchewan resident in good standing with a DCS member association (see list on page two). Submissions with a lead designer that is not active in a DCS member association will not be eligible for awards.
- The scope of work identified in the award submission must have been completed by a Saskatchewan designer(s) in good standing with a DCS member association(s). Entries must accurately portray the scope of work completed by Saskatchewan designer(s).
- Projects undertaken outside of Saskatchewan by eligible Saskatchewan designer(s) may also be considered.
- The integrated design category must demonstrate significant collaborative involvement of two or more DCS member associations throughout the project and cannot be entered into any other category.
- Each applicant may submit more than one entry. However, a submitted project may not be submitted for any future Saskatchewan Design Week cycles.
- Projects submitted for awards in past Saskatchewan Design Weeks are not eligible for entry.
Judging & Awards
The jury will evaluate all projects based on the following common criteria:
- Form & clarity
- Innovation & uniqueness
Specific criteria will be applied to submissions in each category as determined by the jury representative(s) from each discipline.
The jury may award one or more of the following awards in each category:
- Award of Excellence
- Award of Merit
- Honourable Mention
New this year! All entries must be made through our online submission portal.
- Each submission must include, as part of the front of the display, a brief design statement of 250 words or less, outlining the design objective and any other pertinent information which supports the Design Council of Saskatchewan’s mandate.
- Entries should consist of professional quality photos, illustrations, plans or printed samples. Plans are recommended for built work.
Submissions must be formatted as:
- 32" wide x 23" high sheets (landscape only)
- No bleeds or crop marks
- Include a 32" x 23" black 1px cutline
- PDF format
- Maximum two (2) sheets per entry.
Graphic design entries can be 1 project per sheet with a maximum of two (2) projects per entry.
Entry deadline: Friday, Sep 13, 2019
Design Council of Saskatchewan (DCS) Member Associations
- Saskatchewan Association of Architects (SAA)
- Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC), Saskatchewan
- Interior Designers Association of Saskatchewan (IDAS)
- Saskatchewan Association of Landscape Architects (SALA)
- Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute (SPPI)