The awards competition is open to project work that has been substantially designed and/or implemented in Saskatchewan between 2021 and 2023.
- The applicant(s) must be a Saskatchewan resident in good standing with a DCS member association (see list on page two). Submissions with a lead designer that is not active in a DCS member association will not be eligible for awards.
- The scope of work identified in the award submission must have been completed by a Saskatchewan designer(s) in good standing with a DCS member association(s). Entries must accurately portray the scope of work completed by Saskatchewan designer(s).
- Projects undertaken outside of Saskatchewan by eligible Saskatchewan designer(s) may also be considered.
- The integrated design category must demonstrate significant collaborative involvement of two or more DCS member associations throughout the project and cannot be entered into any other category.
- Each applicant may submit more than one entry. However, a submitted project may not be submitted for any future Saskatchewan Design Week cycles.
- Projects submitted for awards in past Saskatchewan Design Weeks are not eligible for entry.
Judging & Awards
The jury will evaluate all projects based on the following common criteria: designcouncil.sk.ca/judging-criteria
- Form & clarity
- Innovation & uniqueness
Additional specific criteria may be applied to submissions in each category as determined by the jury representative(s) from each discipline.
The jury may award one or more of the following awards in each category:
- Award of Excellence
- Award of Merit
- Honourable Mention
All entries must be made through our online submission portal.
- Each submission must include (as part of boards) a design statement of 250 words or less, outlining the design objective and any other pertinent information which supports the Design Council of Saskatchewan’s mandate.
- Entries should consist of professional quality photos, illustrations, plans or printed samples. Plans are recommended for all submissions of built work.
- There shall be no corporate logos, text or other graphics identifying the company or designer(s) on the boards
Click here to browse our past award winners.
Submissions must be formatted as:
- Unlocked PDF format
- 300dpi (max file size 100MB)
- 30” (762mm) wide x 23” (584mm) sheets (landscape only)
- No bleeds or crop marks
- Include a 30” x 23” black 1px cutline. Do not include any bleeds or crop marks on your poster
- Contain a 2” (50mm) wide white title block blank space for entrant information and corporate logos to be inserted by DCS later. The title block must be located on the bottom or right side of the first board.
Reminder: Do not include corporate logos, text or other graphics identifying the company or designer(s) on the boards
- Maximum of two (2) sheets per entry for Architecture, Engineering & Geoscience, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Planning and Integrated Design.
Graphic design entries must be one (1) sheet per entry
$150 per entry for Architecture, Engineering & Geoscience, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Planning and Integrated Design.
$75 per entry for Graphic Design.
Entry deadline: Monday, September 11, 2023
EXTENDED: Monday, September 18, 2023
Design Council of Saskatchewan (DCS) Member Associations
- Saskatchewan Association of Architects (SAA)
- Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Design Professionals of Canada (DesCan), Saskatoon & Regina
- Interior Designers Association of Saskatchewan (IDAS)
- Saskatchewan Association of Landscape Architects (SALA)
- Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute (SPPI)